Forest statistics for the Northern Piedmont of Virginia 1976
- Author(s): Sheffield, Raymond M.
- Date: 1976
- Source: Resour. Bull. SE-39. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
- Station ID: RB-SE-039
This report highlights the principal findings of the fourth inventory of the timber resource in the Northern Piedmont of Virginia. The inventory was started in March 1976 and completed in August 1976. Three previous inventories, completed in 1940, 1957, and 1965, provide statistics for measuring changes and trends over the past 36 years. In this report, the primary emphasis is on the changes and trends since 1965. Previously reported figures have been adjusted to provide the best estimate of real change.
Pristine Version Available
An uncaptured, or “pristine” version of this publication is available. It has not been subjected to OCR and therefore does not have any errors in the text. However, it is a larger file size and some people may experience long download times.Download “Pristine” Publication (PDF; 1.03 MB)
You can order print copies of our publications through our Publication Ordering System. Make a note of the publication you wish to request, and visit our Publication Order Site.
- We recommend that you print this page and attach it to the printout of the article to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact the SRS Webmaster if you notice any errors which make this publication unuseable.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- To view this article get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.