Ball Creek Road (FS 83) and Shope Fork Road (FS 751) are currently OPEN.
This story map highlights the importance of southern State and private forests in providing drinking water to downstream communities. See the related publication here.
For information on tours and workshops, please contact Randy Fowler at 828-524-2128, ext. 111.
- Rainfall partitioning varies across a forest age chronosequence in the southern Appalachian Mountains
Brantley, Steven T.; Miniat, Chelcy F.; Bolstad, Paul V
- Tree resin flow dynamics during an experimentally induced attack by Ips avulsus , I. calligraphus , and I. grandicollis
Denham, Sander O.; Coyle, David R.; Oishi, A. Christopher; Bullock, Bronson P.; Heliövaara, Kari ; Novick, Kimberly A.
- Lack of forest tree seedling recruitment and enhanced tree and shrub growth characterizes post-Tsuga canadensis mortality forests in the southern Appalachians
Dharmadi, Sandra N.; Elliott, Katherine J.; Miniat, Chelcy F.
- The long-term case for partial-cutting over clear-cutting in the southern Appalachians USA
Elliott, Katherine J.; Miniat, Chelcy F.; Medenblik, Andrea S.
- Ecosystem processes at the watershed scale: Influence of flowpath patterns of canopy ecophysiology on emergent catchment water and carbon cycling
Lin, Laurence ; Band, Lawrence E.; Vose, James M.; Hwang, Taehee ; Miniat, Chelcy Ford; Bolstad, Paul V